Located on the Androscoggin River and surrounded by mountains, Downtown Berlin is the perfect spot to enjoy the natural beauty of our region. Come experience the history and flavor of our proud community.
Our friendly Main Street District has a variety of restaurants, shops, and cultural activities – all within walking distance from each other and from the Androscoggin River. Traveling on an ATV? Berlin is in the heart of ATV country, with access to many trails in our region. You can ride and park your ATV downtown.
Where to Eat
From breakfast at one of our delis or coffee shops to lunch or dinner at one of our restaurants, there are many options to fuel your travels.
GOLD HOUSE PIZZA
XING LONG GARDEN CHINESE RESTAURANT
RIVER’S EDGE TAKE OUT
NORTHLAND RESTAURANT & DAIRY BAR
VALLEY CREEK EATERY
JERICHO DELI & BAKERY
Places to Shop
Need some gear for your hiking or paddling excursion? Jericho Outdoors is the place to go. If you love clothing and things that sparkle, stop in Maureen’s Boutique and Greetings Jewelers. Vintage Junky has a range of antiques that have personality, and Middle Earth has gifts that range from exquisite to funny to slightly subversive.
BETTY DEE FASHIONS – Bridal
HALL OF GREETINGS – Hallmark
GILL’S FLOWERS & COUNTRY PRIMITIVES
RAEGAN’S FLOWER SHOP
CARON BUILDING CENTER
WHITE MOUNTAIN LUMBER
Planning a wedding? Berlin Main Street has everything you need. Betty Dee Fashions specializes in wedding wear for the bride, groom, and their attendants. You’ll find a wide selection of bridal gowns, from traditional to contemporary. Shop for the perfect engagement ring and wedding band at Greetings Jewelers with their on-site goldsmith and designer. Gill’s Flowers & Country Primitives and Raegan’s Flower Shop can supply floral arrangements that complement your wedding theme.
Events and Activities to Explore:
Along with the many opportunities for outdoor adventure and recreation, Berlin also offers fun and festive events and activities that you don’t want to miss.
- Farmer’s Market: Every Tuesday from 5 pm to 8 pm, starting July 11 and running through mid-September, the Berlin Community Market features locally grown produce and handmade crafts.
- ATV-Friendly Events: On Friday, August 4, Berlin Main Street is the site for the Jericho ATV Festival Block Party. Hop on your ATV and join us to enjoy music, food, and beer. In fact, downtown Berlin is on the route for the ATV poker runs that happen during the Jericho ATV Festival (August 4 & 5); Wingzilla (September 9), an annual event featuring a barbeque chicken wing cook-off, horseshoe tournament, and Luau ATV poker run; and Riverfire (October 14), a family friendly fall festival with Zombie ATV poker runs, hayrides, illuminated jack-o-lanterns, and spectacular fires on the Androscoggin River. If you like to kayak or canoe, join us for Paddlemania on July 13 from 5 pm to 8 pm at the Service Credit Union Heritage Park.
- Museums & Historical Sites: The paper industry is a key part of our history and lives on at the Northern Forest Heritage Park, located along the Androscoggin River. The park has a full-size replica of a logging camp and an amphitheater where a number of programs and events pay tribute to our cultural heritage. Learn more about our history at the Moffatt House Museum. St. Anne Historical Church, ncluded in the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, was constructed in 1900 using Romanesque architecture.
The structure that you see rising above the treetops as you cross the Berlin/Milan town line is the massive Nansen Ski Jump, which was built in 1936 and in the day, was one of the largest in the country, with a 17-foot vertical drop and a descent angle of 37.5 degrees. It was recently restored and serves as a monument to the region’s rich cultural heritage.
- Entertainment: Enjoy quality live entertainment at the St. Kieran Community Center for the Arts, or if sports is more your thing, catch a hockey game at the Notre Dame Arena.
- Recreation: Just minutes from downtown Berlin is Jericho Mountain State Park and Jericho Lake, where you swim, fish, canoe, and picnic. The park also includes a campground, and provides access to miles of ATV and snowmobile trails.
ANDROSCOGGIN VALLEY CHAMBER OFFICE
BISSON’S SUGAR HOUSE
JERICHO MOUNTAIN STATE PARK
MOFFETT HOUSSE MUSEUM & GENEALOGY
NANSEN SKI JUMP
NOTRE DAME ARENA
SERVICE CREDIT UNION HERITAGE PARK
ST. ANNE HISTORICAL CHURCH
KIERAN CENTER FOR THE ARTS
BERLIN COMMUNITY MARKET
WHITE MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
If you haven’t been to Berlin or if you can’t wait to return, here’s your chance to win FREE tickets to our area’s popular ATV events!
Enter to win one of these fabulous Adventure Getaway Packages:
- 4 tickets to the Jericho ATV Festival and event T-shirts
- 4 tickets for RiverFire Hayride